[openstack-dev] [all] using reno for release note management

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Dec 9 09:19:32 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 08 2015, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> I suggest that as part of option 2, reviewers who might have voted
> -1 on a patch under option 1 could submit a follow-up patch to add
> the note. That will help educate contributors about the need to do
> it, and make the note patch easy to find for them so they can review
> it.

This is what I was going to suggest too. You should apply 1/, but be
ready to hi-jack the patch and update it with the release note as
needed. Don't push people away with a -1 they don't know how to solve:
show and educate them!

As Dmitry pointed out, 2/ is a bad habit as it complicates the workflow
for backports, revert, etc…

My 2c,
--
Julien Danjou