[openstack-dev] [nova] jsonschema for scheduler hints

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 05:04:04 UTC 2015

>> I'm fine with a new RPC call for getting the schema, but as I explained, I
>> think the schema should be accepting all the in-tree filter hints (ie.
>> nova.scheduler.filters.all_filters method), not only those which are enabled
>> (ie. scheduler_default_filters conf opt). Not sure if that's also what you
>> said, I could have been misunderstanding.
>
> I really didn't take a stance there, though I was leading towards only
> exposing hints for enabled filters because it moves towards exposing
> scheduling capabilities.  But just because it could be done that way doesn't
> mean it should be.  The validation schema and eventual exposure of
> capabilities could be done through two different mechanisms.

I am imaging swagger[1] will be a mechanisms for exposing the
capabilities in the future.
Swagger will provide available API parameters which contain
scheduler_hints also with json-schema format.
In addition, some servers(Kubernetes, etc.) provide swagger data via REST API.
So if we can add available scheduler_hints to json-schema and
implement swagger, users can know available scheduler_hints via REST
API.

Thanks
Ken Ohmichi

---