[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [keystone] Removing functionality that was deprecated in Kilo and upcoming deprecated functionality in Mitaka

Aliasgar Ginwala aliasgar.ginwala87 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 04:02:13 UTC 2015

Hi All:

Just to inform Steve and all the folks who brought up this talk ;We did
some benchmarking using wsgi, apache and nginx for keystone with mysql as
token backend and we got following results on Juno version. Hence I am just
giving you brief highlight about the results we got.

spawning 100 users per sec for create token, below are the results:

*Using nginx with uwsgi: *

rps *32*    —(reqests/sec)

median time ~ 3.3 sec

no of processes 20

*using apache *

rps *75*

median time ~ 1.3 sec

avg time - 1.5 sec

no of processes 20

*using wsgi *

rps *28*

median time ~ 3.4

avg 3.5

no of processes 20

We are planning to switch to apache since we are not seeing good results
using nginx with uwsgi. May be some more added support is required for
nginx performance.We did not encounter this auto restart issue in test yet
and hence are open to more inputs.

Any other suggestions are welcome too. Let us know in case of queries.

Regards,

Aliasgar