[openstack-dev] [neutron] Multiple locations for documentation of features

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Tue Dec 8 18:12:54 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 09:03:10AM EST, Mike Spreitzer wrote:
> Lots cheers from me too.  Let me add one thing: "the spec is not
> maintained" is a remaining process bug.  A spec by itself is a very useful
> thing.  It is the first thing to read when trying to understand the
> implementation.  How about we resolve that devref includes a maintained
> version of the spec?

Mike brings up a good point.

The one issue we need to content with is Google rankings. Specs are
published at specs.openstack.org - and are going to be found by people
looking to know more about an API. Especially when api-site and
networking API doc needs improvement.

Specs are a good starting point, but my hope would be that perhaps we go
back through the specs and add a note at the top pointing to the
maintained API documentation - once the feature has landed.

--
Sean M. Collins