[openstack-dev] [release][all] bugs will now close automatically when patches merge

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Dec 7 16:43:11 UTC 2015

As mentioned previously [1], as part of deprecating our use of Launchpad
for tracking completed work we have changed the default behavior so that
when a patch with "Fixes-Bug" in the commit message merges the bug will
move to "Fix Released" (a closed state) instead of "Fix Committed" (a
"still open" state).

The patch to make this change [2] has merged, and the behavior change
should be in effect by now.

As part of the M1 tagging process, we manually closed all "fix
committed" bugs. If your project has more than a few such bugs left
this week, drop by #openstack-release and let me know and I can use
the script to batch update them for you. If you just have a few, please
go ahead and close them manually.

Thanks,
Doug

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-November/080288.html