[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [QA] [Tests] MOS integration tests in SWARM test suite

Timur Nurlygayanov tnurlygayanov at mirantis.com
Mon Dec 7 14:09:22 UTC 2015

Hi Fuel team,

we have a lot of automated integration tests for OpenStack verification and
we want to add execution of these tests to Fuel SWARM test suite (to run
these tests on daily basis and on per commit basis).

We used our own bash scripts to deploy OpenStack environments with Fuel
before, but now we have no resources to maintain these scripts. Fuel QA and
MOS QA teams invest a lot of efforts to improve existing QA framework with
BVT/SWARM tests. This is why we want to add our integration automated tests
to SWARM test suite, where we already have good framework to manage fuel
environments.

We started to move our integration tests to SWARM test suite:
1. Sahara integration tests with deployment of all available Sahara cluster
/ plugins types:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/248602/ (merged)
2. Murano integration tests with deployment of all available Murano
applications:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/249850/(on review)

We are going to add execution of full Tempest tests suite [1] and execution
of all CLI-based functional tests [2] from upstream projects.
These tests will be executed on separate hardware server, where we will
have enough resources (for example, integration Murano and Sahara tests
require 32 Gb of RAM on compute nodes minimum). We already provided this
server to fuel CI team.

We want to merge these tests before MOS 8.0 to do all acceptance testing
with automated tests (and without manual testing).

In parallel, we are working on new approach of integration of third-party
functional / integration tests with SWARM test suite. It is under the
discussion now and it will be not available in the nearest future.

Please, let me know if you have objections or questions.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1523515
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1523436

--

Timur,