[openstack-dev] [nova] Contribution to improve Nova's config option space

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Fri Dec 4 09:37:43 UTC 2015

Esra Celik <celik.esra at tubitak.gov.tr> wrote on 12/03/2015 07:58:36 PM:

> From: Esra Celik <celik.esra at tubitak.gov.tr>
> Date: 12/03/2015 07:59 PM
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [nova] Contribution to improve Nova's
> config option space
>
> OK, got it
>
> Do you have a generic IDE for remote debugging of nova, like pycharm?
> Or how do you actually debug the code?
>
> Regards
>
> Esra ÇELİK
> www.bilgem.tubitak.gov.tr
> celik.esra at tubitak.gov.tr

Personally, I use Eclipse with the PyDev plugin but also give PyCharm
a try. Just choose what you feel comfortable with. The Nova code has a
lot of unit tests which are the best documentation how the code should
behave. They are also easier and faster to execute than to start a whole
system and debug it remotely. The Nova docs explain how to do it with
the tool *tox* [1].

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/unit_tests.html

Regards, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)