[openstack-dev] [heat][tripleo] User Initiated Rollback

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Fri Dec 4 00:01:11 UTC 2015

Zane I want to echo your sentiments exactly below. I agree with all of
the things basically.

The only thing I'd add is that no matter how good you make Heat's rollback
API, it will never be as good as git. So I would suggest that you just
have people roll forward from Heat's perspective, and let VCS systems
handle history tracking. What might help with that would be maybe some
key/value pairs that would allow people to set something like this:

remote=https://github.com/myorg/mytemplates gitref=tags/1.2.9

So that anything interrogating Heat can know whether the latest reference
is applied.

Excerpts from Zane Bitter's message of 2015-12-02 08:51:55 -0800: