[openstack-dev] [hyper-v] oslo.privsep vs Windows

Angus Lees gus at inodes.org
Thu Dec 3 23:01:53 UTC 2015

On Tue, 1 Dec 2015 at 00:20 Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:

> Sean Dague wrote:
> > Right, so to me this seems that privsep just needs a NULL mode, and
> > we're done. If oslo.rootrwap was never supported on windows, I don't
> > think privsep really needs to be in a real way.
>
> +1

Agreed.  I need to make it safe to import, and then execute any wrapped
functions in-process instead of across a privsep IPC channel.

This is easy enough, except for verifying whether I've caught all the
import issues.  At this point I think my easiest path is to wait until I
have a nova -> os_brick -> privsep change stack, and then go look at the
nova hyper-v test results.

If someone (hyper-v folks?) with a suitable windows development environment
available locally wants to jump in before then, I would certainly
appreciate the assistance.

 - Gus