[openstack-dev] [puppet] [tripleo] stop maintaining puppet-tuskar

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Thu Dec 3 18:51:08 UTC 2015

On 12/03/2015 10:07 AM, Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com wrote:
> Emilien,
>
> So what is the statement we (OpenStack) wants to provide about UI for OOO?
>
> If we will not provide it people outside our community and compatitors
> to OpenStack will fill the void.

We're working on a new UI, but it won't be based on tuskar anymore.
Once we got to the point of doing real deployments with tuskar, we found
out the basic design was far too inflexible for anything but toy
deployments.  We have hopefully learned from that and have work underway
to provide a new REST API that will expose all of the existing CLI
functionality to the UI and make it a useful thing in the real world:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/230432/