[openstack-dev] [tripleo] stable/liberty branches are open

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Thu Dec 3 14:47:27 UTC 2015

All,

After quite a long battle, the stable/liberty CI is now working, as of this
patch:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/247694/

We still need to verify that CI works properly on all other repos, because
we had to go ahead and land what was ahead of that patch in the queue to
reach a working baseline.  Let me know if you see any issues.

There are a couple of outstanding items:

1. puppet-tripleo doesn't yet have a stable branch - I'll cut that this
week when we've verified all is working e.g what sha to cut it from.

2. Currently puppet modules are installed from o-p-m, e.g packages not
source, this means Depends-On: <puppet-* ChangeId> won't work for stable
backport.  We'll have to fix this soon so we build tripleo-ci packages from
the puppet stable branches like we do for master.

But, other than those two caveats, stable/liberty branches are open -
please all feel free to propose/review.

Thanks for your patience while we got this all working, and thanks to those
(particularly derekh) who helped me out.

Steve