[openstack-dev] [keystone][all] Move from active distrusting model to trusting model

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Dec 2 21:51:23 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-25 14:02:47 +0800 (+0800), Tom Fifield wrote:
[...]
> Putting this out there - over at the Foundation, we're here to
> Protect and Empower you. So, if you've ever been reprimanded by
> management for choosing not to abuse the community process,
> perhaps we should arrange an education session with that manager
> (or their manager) on how OpenStack works.

Further, it's been my observation so far that those heavily involved
in upstream OpenStack development have no shortage of alternative
job offers (and I would definitely count core reviewers of larger
projects such as those under discussion to fall into this category).
If they're finding themselves in an oppressive employment situation,
that employer will quickly lose their influence within the community
through key employee attrition. It's a problem which has a tendency
to self-correct over time, so hopefully our member companies are
figuring this dynamic out for themselves. ;)
--
Jeremy Stanley