[openstack-dev] [stable] Post-release bump after 2014.2.4?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Dec 2 21:13:46 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-24 14:34:19 +0100 (+0100), Alan Pevec wrote:
> > But to illustrate better the issue I'm seeing:
> > http://tarballs.openstack.org/cinder/cinder-stable-juno.tar.gz contains
> > a directory cinder-2014.2.4.dev24, which is kind of wrong. That's the
> > bit that I'd like to see fixed.
>
> That version was correct at the time tarball was generated, if it were
> regenerated now that tag was pushed, it would be cinder-2014.2.4
> You could either ask infra to regenerate those tarballs or generate
> tarballs yourself (python ./setup.py sdist in git checkout) instead of
> relying on tarballs.o.o.

In the past I think we've just assumed that you'd consume
http://tarballs.openstack.org/cinder/cinder-2014.2.4.tar.gz from
that point on. Keep in mind that the cinder-stable-juno.tar.gz and
cinder-2014.2.4.tar.gz tarballs, while they may have basically
identical contents, were not generated at the same time nor by the
same event so it's perfectly reasonable that the former would be
versioned as a dev commit working toward the release tag of the
latter.
--
Jeremy Stanley