[openstack-dev] [nova]New Quota Subteam on Nova

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Tue Dec 1 20:07:13 UTC 2015

So whats needed to build out that 'framework'?

Is it just dispatching provision requests to nova, and then seeing when
the quota becomes out of sync, and then backtracking through logs and
notifications (+- other) to then figure out the root cause?

Or is that framework some kind of local functional testing built-in to
nova itself, something that can work without probing via the REST
endpoints...?

IMHO it'd be nice to have something like rally scenarios that probe the
quota (via REST or not) but with post-validation that can be done on the
post scenario run and/or post request run. The post-validation ensures
the quota is as expected, using some locally computed 'expected' quota
that nova should also have locally computed, if those two computed
'expected' quotas are different, then backtracking/log analysis... needs
to occur to figure out when the computed values started to diverge (and
to figure out why they diverged); rinse and repeat that and u probably
have a pretty powerful validation framework...