[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Remove nova-network as a deployment option in Fuel?

Sheena Gregson sgregson at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 1 14:49:36 UTC 2015

We do support Neutron for vCenter, but – as I mentioned a few months ago –
we do not yet have a fully vetted way to deploy the multi-hypervisor use
case with both KVM/QEMU and vCenter.  This depends on our ability to select
multiple networking options and align them to the correct hypervisors.

Per a conversation with Andrian Noga and his team yesterday, they are
finishing work on the component registry [1] which will enable the
multi-hypervisor, multi-network use case.  This work is being completed now.

My recommendation remains that we should avoid deprecating nova-network
until we have at least tested the basic multi-hypervisor use case with the
new functionality.  Can we remove nova-network after FF as a High priority
bug?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/229306/