[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Nominating Dmitry Burmistrov to core reviewers of fuel-mirror

Vladimir Kozhukalov vkozhukalov at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 1 14:27:07 UTC 2015

Thomas,

You are right about two independent modules in the repo. That is because
the former intention was to get rid of fuel-mirror (and fuel-createmirror)
and perestroika and leave only packetary there. Packetary is to be
developed so it is able to build not only repositories but  packages as
well. So we'll be able to remove perestroika once it is ready. Two major
capabilities of fuel-mirror are:
1) create mirror (and partial mirror) and packetary can be used for this
instead
2) apply mirror to nailgun (which is rather a matter of python-fuelclient)
So fuel-mirror also should be removed in the future to avoid functionality
duplication.

Those were the reasons not to put them separately. (C) "There can be only
one".

Vladimir Kozhukalov