[openstack-dev] [midonet] IRC: ditch #midonet-dev?

Sandro Mathys sandro at midokura.com
Tue Dec 1 09:57:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

Our IRC channels have been neglected for a long time, and as a result
we lost ownership of #midonet-dev, which is now owner by
freenode-staff. In theory, it should be very easy to get ownership
back, particularly since we still own #midonet. But in reality, it
seems like none of the freenode staff feel responsible for these
requests, so we still aren't owners after requesting it for 3 weeks
already.

Therefore, Toni Segura suggested we just ditch it and move to
#openstack-midonet instead.

However, several people have also said we don't need two channels,
i.e. we should merge #midonet and #midonet-dev.

So, here's three proposals:

Proposal #1:
* keep #midonet
* replace #midonet-dev with #openstack-midonet

Proposal #2:
* keep #midonet
* merge #midonet-dev into #midonet

Proposal #3:
* replace both #midonet and #midonet-dev with #openstack-midonet

I don't have any strong feelings for any of the proposals, but suggest
we go with proposal #2. Traffic in both #midonet and #midonet-dev is
rather low, so one channel should do - there's way busier OpenStack
channels out there. Furthermore, #midonet is shorter than
#openstack-midonet and already established. I also think people will
rather look in #midonet than #openstack-midonet if they're looking for
us.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Sandro