[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Nominating Dmitry Burmistrov to core reviewers of fuel-mirror

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 1 08:25:13 UTC 2015

-1
I personally know Dmitry and respect his contributions into our package
management and CI systems around it. Thanks to Dmitry, a lot of bad things
were prevented and many things developed which work very well.

However, I don't particularly understand this proposal, and I'd like to get
some clarifications. Even though I'm not a core in the repo, and far from
being an expert in this area, I hope other active contributors will find my
questions and concerns reasonable.
I put -1 for the following reasons:

   1. The most important - I'd suggest to wait until SCF [1], when we
   branch out stable/8.0 and reopen master for new features. Just risk
   management
   2. Roman, are you part of core team for fuel-mirror? Unless I'm missing
   any Fuel-specific policy, [2] states this clear: "member of the existing
   core team can nominate"
   3. Even though repo is fairly fresh, I'd question if numbers are good
   enough to become a core (17 reviews [3], 7 commits [4])
   4. I don't quite understand how repo is organized. I see a lot of Python
   code regarding to fuel-mirror itself and packetary, which is used as
   fuel-mirrors core and being written and maintained mostly by Bulat [5].
   There are seem to be bash scripts now related to Perestroika, and. I don't
   quite get how these things relate each to other, and if we expect core
   reviewers to be merging code into both Perestroika and Packetary? Unless
   mission of repo, code gets clear, I'd abstain from giving +1...

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel/8.0_Release_Schedule
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Approved/CoreDevProcess
[3] http://stackalytics.com/report/contribution/fuel-mirror/180
[4] git log --oneline --author="Dmitry Burmistrov" | wc -l
[5] https://github.com/openstack/fuel-mirror/blob/master/MAINTAINERS#L38

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 6:29 AM Vitaly Parakhin <vparakhin at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> +1
>
> пятница, 27 ноября 2015 г. пользователь Roman Vyalov написал:
>
>> Hi all,
>> Dmitry is doing great work and I hope our Perestroika build system will
>> become even better.
>> At the moment Dmitry is core developer in our Perestroika builds system.
>> But he not core reviewer in gerrit repository.
>> Fuelers, please vote for Dmitry
>>

> --
> Regards,
> Vitaly Parakhin.