[openstack-dev] [cinder] os-brick release before dependency freeze

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Aug 31 18:54:19 UTC 2015

Dependency freeze [1] is this week (9/1-9/3) [2].

We need to get a release of os-brick out that includes the rootwrap
filter change [3] since both cinder and nova need that for liberty
deployments (need is maybe too strong? want/should have is maybe
better).  That will allow moving the devstack change [4] forward that
uses the rootwrap filters from os-brick in cinder and nova.  The point
of this is then nova doesn't have to carry compute.filters for things
that are executed in the os-brick library which then creates a circular
dependency between the two projects.

There are a couple of changes going through the gate now [5]. Once those
are merged I'll propose a release via the openstack/releases repo and
add cinder core.  The release version should be 0.4.0 given there have
been dependency updates since 0.3.2 and other feature adds.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/DepFreeze
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Liberty_Release_Schedule
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/207553/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/207677/