[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Netaddr 0.7.16 and gate breakage

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Aug 31 16:53:34 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-31 10:33:07 -0600 (-0600), Carl Baldwin wrote:
> I was under the impression that we had a plan to stop allowing these
> external updates break our gate jobs.
[...]

We do, and it succeeded in protecting master branch integration test
jobs from this new netaddr release:

    https://review.openstack.org/218737

This was able to get implemented fairly early because DevStack
already contained mechanisms for relying on the requirements repo to
define its behavior WRT dependencies. The logistics for pinning
versions in every project's unit tests, however, are more complex
and not yet in place (but are in progress). Also where grenade is
concerned, the breakage is on the stable/kilo side where we don't
have constraints pinning implemented (since that work has been
primarily in master this cycle and targeting liberty).
--
Jeremy Stanley