[openstack-dev] [fuel] Branching strategy vs feature freeze

Dmitry Borodaenko dborodaenko at mirantis.com
Fri Aug 28 17:04:49 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 1:13 AM Igor Marnat <imarnat at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Dmitry,
> I don't have yet enough context to discuss Fuel 9.0 release but I have
> a question about 8.0.
>
> You mentioned that "the start of Fuel 8.0 release cycle inevitably
> remains coupled with MOS". Does it mean that we still consider
> decoupling for 8.0, just later in the cycle, or we are going to do it
> for 9.0?

In theory we could decouple the later milestones of the 8.0 release cycle,
but as I explained it doesn't make much sense to change anything before 8.0
SCF: trying to make Fuel 8.0 cycle shorter simply won't work, and making it
longer isn't useful.

Short FF in 8.0 allows us to start 9.0 cycle earlier, so with 9.0 we still
have options.

--
Dmitry Borodaenko