[openstack-dev] [neutron][L3][dvr][fwaas] FWaaS with DVR

Germy Lure germy.lure at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 06:53:29 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have two points.
a. For the problem in this thread, my suggestion is to introduce new
concepts to replace the existing firewall and SG.
Perhaps you have found the overlap between firewall and SG. It's trouble
for user to select.
So the new concepts are edge-firewall for N/S traffic and Distributed
firewall for W/E traffic. The former is similar to the existing firewall
but without E/W controlling and deployed on those nodes connect with
external world. The latter controls E/W traffic such as subnet to subnet,
VM to VM and subnet to VM and will be deployed on compute nodes.

We can attach firewall rules to VM port implicitly, especially the DVR is
disabled. I think it's difficult for a user to do that explicitly while
there are hundreds VMs.

b. For the problems like this.
>From recent mailing list, we can see so many problems introduced by DVR.
Such as VPNaaS, floating-IP and FWaaS co-existing with DVR, etc..
Then, stackers, I don't know what's the standard or outgoing check of
releasing a feature in community. But can we make or add some provisions or
something else in order to avoid conflict between features?

Forgive my poor English
BR,
Germy