[openstack-dev] [grenade][cinder] Updates of rootwrap filters

Eric Harney eharney at redhat.com
Wed Aug 26 15:15:15 UTC 2015

On 08/26/2015 09:57 AM, Dulko, Michal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently when working on a simple bug [1] I've run into a need to change rootwrap filters rules for a few commands. After sending fix to Gerrit [2] it turns out that when testing the upgraded cloud grenade haven't copied my updated volume.filters file, and therefore failed the check. I wonder how should I approach the issue:
> 1. Make grenade script for Cinder to copy the new file to upgraded cloud.
> 2. Divide the patch into two parts - at first add new rules, leaving the old ones there, then fix the bug and remove old rules.
> 3. ?
>
> Any opinions?
>
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1488433

I believe you have to go with option 1 and add code to grenade to handle
installing the new rootwrap filters.

grenade is detecting an upgrade incompatibility that requires a config
change, which is a good thing.  Splitting it into two patches will still
result in grenade failing, because it will test upgrading kilo to
master, not patch A to patch B.

Example for neutron:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/143299/

A different example for nova (abandoned for unrelated reasons):
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/151408/

/me goes to investigate whether he can set the system locale to
something strange in the full-lio job, because he really thought we had
fixed all of the locale-related LVM parsing bugs by now.