[openstack-dev] [neutron][SR-IOV] deprecate agent_required option for SR-IOV mechanism driver

Moshe Levi moshele at mellanox.com
Wed Aug 26 08:08:43 UTC 2015

Hi all,

When SR-IOV introduce in Juno the SR-IOV Agent supported only link state change.
Some Intel cards don't support setting link state, so to
resolve it the  SR-IOV mechanism driver supports agent and agent less mode.
>From Liberty the SR-IOV agent brings more functionality like
qos and port security so we want to make the agent mandatory.

I have already talked to pczesno from Intel and got his approval in the pci meeting [1]

For this to happen commit [2] and [3] need to be approved.

If anyone objects to this change now is the time to speak.

[1] - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/pci_passthrough/2015/pci_passthrough.2015-06-23-13.09.log.txt

[2] - sriov: update port state even if ip link fails - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/195060/

[3] - SR-IOV: deprecate agent_required option - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/214324/

Thanks,