[openstack-dev] [oslo] incubator move to private modules

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Wed Aug 26 07:20:45 UTC 2015

On 25/08/15 06:01 -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>Morgan,
>
>Bit more radical :) I am inclined to just yank all code from oslo-incubator and
>let the projects modify/move what they have left into their own package/module
>structure (and change the contracts however they see fit).

Glad this conversation is happening, I've started to think about this
as well. I think we're at a point were we could just let projects move
from were they are.

However, I'd like this to be a bit more organized. For instance, if we
dismiss oslo-incubator and let projects move forward on their own,
it'd be better to have all the `openstack/common/` packages renamed so
that it'll create less confusion to newcomers. At the very least, as
Morgan mentioned, these packages could be prefixed with an `_` and
become 'private' and 'owned' by the project.

We still need a 'deprecation' process for the code in the
oslo-incubator repository and we would still have to accept fixes for
previous releases.

Thoughts?
Flavio