[openstack-dev] [stable] [infra] How to auto-generate stable release notes

Alexis Lee lxsli at hpe.com
Tue Aug 25 09:28:15 UTC 2015

Thierry Carrez said on Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 04:56:37PM +0200:
> Tag-every-commit:
> (+) Conveys clearly that every commit is consumable
> (-) Current tooling doesn't support this, we need to write something
> (-) Zillions of tags will make tags ref space a bit unusable by humans
>
> Time to time tagging:
> (+) Aligned with how we do releases everywhere else
> (-) Makes some commits "special"
> (-) Making a release still requires someone to care
>
> Missing anything ?

Without offering an opinion either way, I'm just wondering how
tag-every-commit is superior to never tagging? The git SHAs already
uniquely identify every commit; if you want only those on master, simply
`git log master`.

Alexis (lxsli)
--
Nova developer, Hewlett-Packard Limited.
Registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1HN.