[openstack-dev] [cinder] Microsoft CI Still Disabled

Octavian Ciuhandu ociuhandu at cloudbasesolutions.com
Mon Aug 24 17:19:37 UTC 2015

Hi Mike,

We have stabilised the Microsoft Cinder CI and ensured dry-runs testing over
the past days.

The reason why we didnt report earlier on the status is that we were waiting
for the completion of a series of hardware maintenance activities performed in
the Microsoft datacenter where the CI is running, as metioned by Hashir in the
previous email.

In the meantime we also improved the CI software infrastructure, including:

1. Adding local pip and deb cache servers to reduce transient package download
issues 2. Improved resiliency in the under and overcloud deployment scripts [1]
3. Improved monitoring to reduce the respose time on transient issues,
especially for undercloud networking which was the source of a significant
amount of failures due to a switch misconfiguration in the datacenter, recently
identified and solved.

We have a list of recent runs for all 3 drivers available at [2].

Please let us know if there’s anything else that prevents re-enabling the
Microsoft Cinder CI account.

Thank you,

Octavian.

[1]: https://github.com/cloudbase/cinder-ci