[openstack-dev] [all] PTL/TC candidate workflow proposal for next elections

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Fri Aug 21 18:32:50 UTC 2015

On 08/21/2015 11:27 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2015-08-21 14:20:00 +0000 (+0000), Tristan Cacqueray wrote:
> [...]
>> * A check job verifies if the candidate is valid (has ATC and
>>   contributor to the project)
> [...]
>> Automated jobs would be great, but the first iteration could be
>> managed using manual tools.
> [...]
>
> Yep, the tricky bit here is in automating the confirmation. What are
> election officials normally doing to manually accomplish this?

Personally I would recommend that the election officials have
verification permissions on the proposed repo and the automation step is
skipped to begin with as a way of expediting the repo creation. Getting
the workflow in place in enough time that potential candidates can
familiarize themselves with the change, is of primary importance I feel.
Automation can happen after the workflow is in place.

Thanks,
Anita.