[openstack-dev] Cross-project meeting times

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Aug 21 08:58:32 UTC 2015

Anne Gentle wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In last week's TC Highlights blog post [1] I asked if there is interest
> in moving the cross-project meeting. Historically it is held after the
> TC meeting, but there isn't a requirement for those timings to line up.
> I've heard from European and Eastern Standard Time contributors that
> it's a tough time to meet half the year. It's also a bit early for APAC,
> my apologies for noting this but still proposing to meet earlier.
>
> I'd like to propose a new cross-project meeting time, 1800 Tuesdays. To
> that end I've created a review with the proposed time:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/214605
>
> Please take a look, see if you think it could work, and let us know
> either on this list or the review itself.

Commented on the review... I think 1800 UTC is not significantly more
convenient for Europeans (dinner hours between 1700 and 1900 UTC)
compared to 2100 UTC. It makes it more convenient for East-of-Moscow
Russians, but we lose Australia in the process.

If we are to lose Australia anyway, I would move even earlier (say 15:00
or 16:00 UTC) and cover China <-> US West. That could be a good rotation
with the one at 21:00 UTC which covers Australia <-> West Europe.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)