[openstack-dev] [nova][qa] libvirt + LXC CI - where's the beef?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Aug 20 02:08:43 UTC 2015

After spending a few hours on
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1370590 I'm annoyed by the fact we
don't yet have a CI system for testing libvirt + LXC.

At the Juno midcycle in Portland I thought I remember some guy(s) from
Rackspace talking about getting a CI job running, whatever happened with
that?

It seems like we should be able to get this going using community infra,
right?  Just need some warm bodies to get the parts together and figure
out which Tempest tests can't be run with that setup - but we have the
hypervisor support matrix to help us out as a starter.

It also seems unfair to require third party CI for libvirt + parallels
(virtuozzo) but we don't have the same requirement for LXC.

What gives?!

Matt Riedemann