[openstack-dev] [devstack] Possible issues cryptography 1.0 and os-client-config 1.6.2

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Aug 19 20:49:01 UTC 2015

On 20 August 2015 at 01:42, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> Sorry about jumping the gun there. We thought, incorrectly, we had the
> right fix. And it's a conference week so access to my local test env
> wasn't easy.

No worries - these things happen. Having higher fidelity tests would
give some more insulation - perhaps not gating though - e.g. a
non-cached non-voting nodepool job that looks very much like a local
developer experience. And then one of those for Ubuntu and Fedora (and
any other commonly used platforms we wish to support developers
using).

FWIW I think the fix for the specific issue should be to not install
the python-cffi package, but I couldn't trivially figure out what was
triggering the install. Not installing it would make devstack on
Fedora faster (since we're still installing the thing from PyPI as
well..)

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>