[openstack-dev] [nova] should we combine a set of minor microversion bump needed fix into one microversoin bump?

Chen CH Ji jichenjc at cn.ibm.com
Wed Aug 19 17:18:29 UTC 2015

In doing [1] [2], some suggestions raised that those kind of change need
microversion bump which is fine
however, another concern raised on whether we need combine a set of those
kind of changes (which may only change some error code) into one bump ?

apparently there are pros and cons for doing so, combine makes API version
bump not that frequent for minor changes
but makes it hard to review and backport ... so any suggestions on how to
handle ? Thanks

[1]https://review.openstack.org/#/c/198753/
[2]https://review.openstack.org/#/c/173985/

Best Regards!

Kevin (Chen) Ji 纪 晨

Engineer, zVM Development, CSTL
Notes: Chen CH Ji/China/IBM at IBMCN   Internet: jichenjc at cn.ibm.com
Phone: +86-10-82454158
Address: 3/F Ring Building, ZhongGuanCun Software Park, Haidian District,
Beijing 100193, PRC