[openstack-dev] [requirements] [global-requirements] [mistral] Using pika library

Nikolay Makhotkin nmakhotkin at mirantis.com
Wed Aug 19 11:21:08 UTC 2015

Hi, folks!

Recently we've had the discussion with oslo.messaging team about
acknowledge feature in RabbitMQ:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-July/068806.html

After that Mistral team did the research about using *kombu *or *pika*
library for implementation of remote procedure call server. Both kombu and
pika was met our requirements. But we would prefer to use *pika* by next
reasons:

 1. It is less complex than *kombu*;
 2. *kombu* itself is abstraction of messaging (but we don't need that);
 3. We had the discussion with one of RabbitMQ developer which advised us
to use *pika* (comparing to *kombu*)

Is it possible to add *pika *to the global-requirements for our needs?

Thanks.
--
Best Regards,
Nikolay