[openstack-dev] [devstack] Possible issues cryptography 1.0 and os-client-config 1.6.2

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Aug 18 15:51:10 UTC 2015

On 08/14/2015 02:52 AM, Chris Dent wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Aug 2015, Clint Byrum wrote:
>
>> The same is true for these bugs. Yes they're real, yes more orgs should
>> devote developers to fixing them.
>
> This may be the root of my concern and something that we're going to
> have to address sooner than later.
>
>> Your concerns are valid and appreciated. However, I think the side
>> effect of not setting it is wasting developer time on a large scale. The
>> side effect of setting it is putting that work into a queue which an
>> appropriately sized subset of developers can manage.
>
> Makes sense, for the most part. Thanks to you and Robert for taking
> the thread through its paces and getting the thinking out in the
> open.

So... I'm at Linux Con this week, meaning that things will be slow. I
think - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/208582/ (slightly updated this
morning) will get devstack users working again. And I agree, we really
need devstack and the gate to be convergent on their solution here, not
divergent.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague