[openstack-dev] [UX] [Keystone] [Horizon] Pagination support for Identity dashboard entities

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 03:28:57 UTC 2015

On 08/17/2015 09:53 PM, David Lyle wrote:

> I think we've conveniently been led off track here. The original
> request/subject was regarding pagination of projects in the v3 API.
> Since this is purely a keystone construct it seems implausible to me
> that ldap or the IdP of choice would be limiting the ability to return
> a paginated list of all projects. Or groups or domains or roles for
> that matter.

Yeah, SQL can support it.  LDAP assignment can't.  But that is not going
to have a long life.

With Hierarchical projects, we'll probably also have to keep nesting in
mind for how we display a project list:  do we always show a flat list,
or is a tree closer to what users expect?

Both are going to work poorly for some deployments and work well for others.