[openstack-dev] [pbr] [stable] [infra] How to generate .Z version increments on stable/liberty commits

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 23:36:05 UTC 2015

> The only alternative seems to be to have on-demand stable-branch
> tagging. The main drawbacks of that option are that consumers of the
> stable branch are unnecessarily limited to specific tagged commits, and
> depend on various project teams to remember to push them.

As Doug suggested,  stable releases would be triggered by submitting a
patch to the releases
repository, so maybe we could be auto-generating release proposals
periodically (monthly, weekly?) as a reminder to the team if there
hasn't been a release in that period?
Also OSSA merge could trigger an async release proposal too.

Cheers,
Alan