[openstack-dev] [UX] [Keystone] [Horizon] Pagination support for Identity dashboard entities

Kruithof, Piet pieter.c.kruithof-jr at hp.com
Sun Aug 16 16:41:49 UTC 2015

I like Michael’s response because it moved the thread towards identifying actual user needs before digging into the technical feasibility.  IMHO, it would be helpful to have a few people on the list answer his questions:

1 - Do users want to page through search results?

2 - Do users want to page through filter results? (do they use filter results?)

3 - If they want to page, do they want to be able to go back a page and/or know their current page?

I understand that even if we answer “yes” to all three questions that there could be issues around implementation, but at least we’ll know a gap exists.

Piet Kruithof
Sr UX Architect, HP Helion Cloud
PTL, OpenStack UX project

"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat and wrong.”

H L Menken