[openstack-dev] [Neutron] neutron-lbaas code structure problem

Brandon Logan brandon.logan at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Aug 14 18:07:04 UTC 2015

?Hi Gareth,

The reason for this is because lbaas v1 is in the services/loadbalancer/drivers path.  This path was maintained from when neutron-lbaas was just another directory in the neutron repo.  Once we moved to neutron-lbaas as its own repo and going forward with lbaas v2, the decision was made to not maintain that same path for v2.  There's no reason to keep that path for v2 as v1 will be deprecated and eventually removed and we did not want to be stuck with that path.  Eventually the plugin.py module will have to be moved to the root directory as well from services/loadbalancer but thats a minor change.

Thanks,

Brandon

________________________________
From: Gareth <academicgareth at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:38 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List
Subject: [openstack-dev] [Neutron] neutron-lbaas code structure problem

Dear neutron guys.

[0] https://github.com/openstack/neutron-lbaas/tree/master/neutron_lbaas/drivers
[1] https://github.com/openstack/neutron-lbaas/tree/master/neutron_lbaas/services/loadbalancer/drivers

the codes under these two paths are 'same' (implement same things with v1 and v2), but why use two different code paths here?

--
Gareth

Cloud Computing, OpenStack, Distributed Storage, Fitness, Basketball
OpenStack contributor, kun_huang at freenode
My promise: if you find any spelling or grammar mistakes in my email from Mar 1 2013, notify me
and I'll donate $1 or ?1 to an open organization you specify.