[openstack-dev] [devstack] Possible issues cryptography 1.0 and os-client-config 1.6.2

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Aug 13 07:45:03 UTC 2015

tl;dr - developers running devstack probably want to be using
USE_CONSTRAINTS=True, otherwise there may be a few rough hours today.
[http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-July/068569.html]

Apparently some third party CI systems are seeing an issue with
cryptography 1.0 - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/212349/ - but I
haven't reproduced it in local experiments. We haven't seen it in the
gate yet (according to logstash.o.o). Thats likely due to it only
affecting devstack in that way, and constraints insulating us from it.

Hopefully the cryptography thing, whatever it is, won't affect unit
tests which are not yet using constraints (but thats being worked on
as fast as we can!)

There was a separate issue w/ os-client-config that blew up on 1.6.2,
but thats been reproduced and dealt with - though the commit hasn't
gotten through the gate yet, so its possible we'll be dealing with a
dual-defect problem.

That said, again, constraints correctly insulated devstack from the
1.6.2 release - we detected it when the update proposal failed, rather
than in the gate queue, so \o/.

AFAICT the os-client-config thing won't affect any unit tests.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist