[openstack-dev] [cinder] Brocade CI

Nagendra Jaladanki nagendra.jaladanki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 23:36:55 UTC 2015

Mike,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. I had send my response yesterday
but looks like didn't get posted on the lists.openstack.org. Hence posting
it here again.

We reviewed your comments and following issues were identified and some of
them are fixed and some fix plans in progress:

1) Not posting success or failure
 The Brocade CI is a non-voting CI. The CI is posting the comment for build
sucucess or failures. The report tool is not seeing these. We are working
on correcting this.
2) Not posting a result link to view logs.
   We could not find any cases where CI is failed to post the link to logs
from the generated report.  If you have any specific uses where it failed
to post logs link, please share with us. But we did see that CI not posted
the comment at all for some review patch sets. Root causing the issue why
CI not posted the comment at all.
3) Not consistently doing runs.
   There were planned down times and CI not posted during those periods. We
also observed that CI was not posting the failures in some cases where CI
failed due non openstack issues. We corrected this. Now the CI should be
posting the results for all patch sets either success or failure.

We are also doing the following:
- Enhance the message format to be inline with other CIs.
- Closely monitoring the incoming Jenkin's request vs out going builds and
correcting if there are any issues.

Once again thanks for your feedback and suggestions. We will continue to
post this list on the updates.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra Rao Jaladanki

Manager, Software Engineering Manageability Brocade

130 Holger Way, San Jose, CA 95134