[openstack-dev] [neutron] I am pleased to propose two new Neutron API/DB/RPC core reviewers!

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Wed Aug 12 17:16:23 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrachys at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On 08/12/2015 03:45 PM, Kyle Mestery wrote:
> > It gives me great pleasure to propose Russell Bryant and Brandon
> > Logan as core reviewers in the API/DB/RPC area of Neutron. Russell
> > and Brandon have both been incredible contributors to Neutron for a
> > while now. Their expertise has been particularly helpful in the
> > area they are being proposed in. Their review stats [1] place them
> > both comfortably in the range of existing Neutron core reviewers. I
> > expect them to continue working with all community members to drive
> > Neutron forward for the rest of Liberty and into Mitaka.
> >
> > Existing DB/API/RPC core reviewers (and other Neutron core
> > reviewers), please vote +1/-1 for the addition of Russell and
> > Brandon.
> >
> > Thanks! Kyle
> >
> > [1] http://stackalytics.com/report/contribution/neutron-group/90
> >

> Shouldn't we use the link that shows neutron core repo contributions
> only? I think this is the right one:
>
> http://stackalytics.com/report/contribution/neutron/90

Sure, if you want to look at only the neutron repo. I tend to look at
people across all of our repos, which you may or may not agree with. I also
think that it's worth looking at the statement of what core reviewers do
found here [1]. Particularly what common ideals all core reviewers across
Neutron share. I'll copy them here:

1. They share responsibility in the project’s success.
2. They have made a long-term, recurring time investment to improve the
project.
3. They spend their time doing what needs to be done to ensure the projects
success, not necessarily what is the most interesting or fun.

Also, keep in mind how we nominate core reviewers now that we have a
Lieutenant system [2].

Finally, it's worth all core reviewers having a look at what's expected of
core reviewers here. [3] I should point out that the team is severely
lacking in weekly meeting attendance at this point, but it's not a good
thread to do that. Instead, I'll just point out what we as a team have
codified as expectations for core reviewers.

Thanks!
Kyle

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/policies/core-reviewers.html#neutron-core-reviewers