[openstack-dev] Does murano dymamic-ui have plan to support "edit" function?

Alexander Tivelkov ativelkov at mirantis.com
Wed Aug 12 17:16:07 UTC 2015

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your interest!

This is a complicated topic. Being able to edit the object model (with
DynamicUI, the CLI tools mentioned by Kirill or manually with murano's
API) is just the tip of the iceberg: if you have already deployed your
application, modifying of some of its input properties will not be
enough: the application developer has to supply the logic which will
handle the changes and will execute all the needed actions to
reconfigure the app.

Right now the right way to do so is to create an "action" method (see
[1] for details), which may be called for already deployed apps. In
this action you may change the properties of the object and do
whatever custom handling you may need to reconfigure your app. For
example, if you want to change the password of the database admin user
of the mysql app, you may add an action method "changeAdminPassword"
which will not only set '$.password' property to a new value, but will
also execute an appropriate password-changing script on the VM running
the database instance.

Right now the actions are partially supported on the UI level (in the
dashboard you may call any action of any deployed application),
however currently you cannot pass any parameters to these actions if
called from the UI, and being able to pass them is indeed required for
your scenario (in the aforementioned example with DB password change,
such an action should have at least one parameter - the new password
value). This will be probably addressed during the M cycle as part of
the "per-component UI" initiative mentioned by Kirill: we will provide
a way to render dynamic UI dialogs not only for the new applications
being added but also for the actions of the already deployed apps.

Hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any questions on Actions and any other
related topics

[1] http://murano.readthedocs.org/en/latest/draft/appdev-guide/murano_pl.html#murano-actions

--
Regards,