[openstack-dev] stable is hosed

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Aug 12 01:07:23 UTC 2015

On 8/10/2015 10:50 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> On 8/10/2015 9:40 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

>>> On Friday, adam_g and I weren't sure what the policy was on overlapping
>>> upper bounds for juno and lower bounds for kilo, but yeah, my first
>>> reaction was that's bonkers and anything that's working that way today
>>> is just working as a fluke and could wedge us the same way at any point.
>>>
>>> The reason I'd prefer to not raise the minimum required version of a
>>> library in stable g-r is simply for those packagers/distros that are
>>> basically frozen on the versions of libraries they are providing for
>>> kilo and I'd like to not make them arbitrarily move up just because of
>>> our screw ups.
>>>
>>> Apparently in our case (the product I work on), we already ship
>>> neutronclient 2.4.0 in our kilo release so I guess it'd wouldn't be the
>>> end of the world for us.

>> We're going with raising the minimum required neutronclient for kilo to
>> 2.4.0:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/211174/
>>

> Cripes, that depends on this fix now:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/211231/

Just an update:

Kilo: I think we are OK here now, at least for some projects like nova -
raising the minimum required neutronclient to >=2.4.0 seems to have
fixed things.

Juno: We're still blocked on the large ops job:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-gate/+bug/1482350

I'll probably take a deeper look at options there tomorrow.  lifeless
left a suggestion in the bug report.

Matt Riedemann