[openstack-dev] [Stable][Nova] VMware NSXv Support

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Tue Aug 11 14:57:03 UTC 2015

On 8/11/15, 5:08 PM, "Jeremy Stanley" <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

>On 2015-08-11 13:49:37 +0000 (+0000), Gary Kotton wrote:
>> This is a stable issue - please see https://review.openstack.org/165750.
>> This is required to support the plugin developed in Liberty.
>[...]
>
>I'm still missing the connection to stable. That review is targeting
>master (liberty). Stable currently means backports to kilo or juno.

The patch has a -2 for Liberty. So it means that is is blocked as it is
not a high priority nova BP. What does this mean, it means that nova will
not be able to work with the neutron liberty plugin.

This is exactly the same story that we had with the NSXv plugin. The nova
stable kilo code will not work with the neutron stable kilo code.

How can we as a community address this?

Neutron enabled the community to develop at their own pace, whilst nova
still has us in chains.