[openstack-dev] [TaskFlow] Cross-run persistence

Demian Brecht demianbrecht at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:04:47 UTC 2015

Hi all,

As I understand it, the persistence and related backends are intended to store atom and flow state. This will only persist until the end of an entirely successful run (unless explicitly configured to not purge for auditing and other such reasons). My question is: Is there a way to configure storage to persist data across runs? My specific use case: I’ve defined an authentication task. The auth server allows for ticket-based auth, which means the user (optionally) wouldn’t have to log in on every run if storage could be configured to persist the given token across runs.

Did I miss something in the docs about this use case or should I be looking at something like oslo.cache to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Demian