[openstack-dev] Upstream Training prep, live assistance, and mentoring

Tim Freund tim at freunds.net
Mon Aug 10 07:24:26 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone -

We'll open registration for the Tokyo Upstream training soon, and we're
doing something a little different this time:  we are pairing students
with mentors right away and allowing them to work through some of the
technical details of OpenStack contribution before class begins.

To do that, we need to fill our roster of Upstream mentors!

We need people who are willing to mentor students via IRC and email
before and after the class that occurs on October 25th and 26th, and we
also need people who can be with us in Tokyo to help students complete
hands on exercises.

Please fill out the following form if you can help in either role:
http://goo.gl/forms/fczq3NZ16g

Our students will be looking for bugs tagged as low-hanging-fruit, so
you can also help by tagging such bugs appropriately in Launchpad.

If you're unfamiliar with Upstream training, and you'd like to learn
more, we have basic course information and a complete training schedule
on the wiki[1].  You can read about our Vancouver training session in
Superuser[2].

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStack_Upstream_Training
[2]
http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/what-building-legos-can-teach-you-about-open-source

Please direct additional questions or comments to the
community at lists.openstack.org list with the [upstream] tag.  You can
also reach out to me directly.

Thanks for your help!

Tim