[openstack-dev] [app-catalog][heat] Heat template contributors repo

Steve Baker sbaker at redhat.com
Sun Aug 9 22:32:58 UTC 2015

On 07/08/15 06:56, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> Heat templates so far seems to be a place to dump examples for showing off how to use specific heat resources/features.
>
> Are there any intentions to maintain production ready heat templates in it? Last I asked the answer seemed to be no.
>
> If I misunderstood, heat-templates would be a logical place to put them then.

Historically heat-templates has avoided hosting production-ready
templates, but this has purely been due to having the resources
available to maintain them.

If a community emerged who were motivated to author, maintain and
support the infrastructure which tests these templates then I think they
would benefit from being hosted in the heat-templates repository. It
sounds like such a community is coalescing around the app-catalog project.

Production-ready templates could end up somewhere like
heat-templates/hot/app-catalog. If this takes off then heat-templates
can be assigned its own core team so that more than just heat-core could
approve these templates.