[openstack-dev] [nova] installation of requirements not possible because of wrong pip version

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Fri Aug 7 21:58:31 UTC 2015

On 08/07/2015 10:52 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> I don't know why Nova has a requirement expressed on pip, since
> requirements.txt is evaluated by pip its too late. Does Nova actually
> consume pip itself?

pip is not listed in the requirements.txt file of nova. pip is listed in
the global requirements:

https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blob/master/global-requirements.txt#L112

My understanding is that it is possible to use pip>=6.0. Is that wrong?

Is there an other place where we documented which version of pip can be
used with the requirement.txt files (based on global-requirements.txt)?

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Cloud Solution Architect