[openstack-dev] [Heat] creating a stack with a config_drive

Randall Burt randall.burt at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Aug 7 13:22:19 UTC 2015

config_drive: true just tells the instance to mount the drive. You pass data via the user_data property.

-------- Original message --------
From: Maish Saidel-Keesing
Date:08/07/2015 8:08 AM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: [openstack-dev] [Heat] creating a stack with a config_drive

I have been looking for a working example to create Heat stack with a
config_drive attached.

I know it is possible to deploy a nova instance with the CLI [1]

I see that OS::Nova::Server has a config_drive property that is a
Boolean value [2]

What I cannot find is how this can be used. Where is the path defined
for the config file?
Or am I completely missing what and how this should be used?

Anyone with more info on this - I would be highly grateful.

Thanks.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/cli_config_drive.html
[2]
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/heat/template_guide/openstack.html#OS::Nova::Server