[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] [aodh] upgrade path

gord chung gord at live.ca
Fri Aug 7 11:56:03 UTC 2015

On 07/08/2015 3:49 AM, Chris Dent wrote:

> Despite our conversation in the meeting yesterday[1] I still remain a
> bit confused about the upgrade path from alarming-in-ceilometer to
> alarming provided by aodh and the availability of the older code in
> released liberty.
>
> Much of my confusion can probably be resolved by knowing the answer to
> this question:
>
> If someone installs aodh on a machine that already has ceilometer on it
> and turns off ceilometer-alarm-notifier and ceilometer-alarm-evaluator
> (in favor of aodh-notifier and aodh-evaluator) will they be able to run
> those aodh services against their existing ceilometer.conf files[2]?

it also depends on how you're consuming ceilometer. if you're installing
ceilometer services via packages, there will never be aodh or
ceilometer-alarm... just one alarming service. once we get aodh
released/packaged, from a package pov, the current, deprecated code will
be inaccessible.

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-meeting/%23openstack-meeting.2015-08-06.log.html#t2015-08-06T15:46:17

--
gord